Cuono Engineering is a growing structural engineering firm. We work on a variety of engineering projects that include the design and renovation of residential, commercial, and historic structures. We offer the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and materials in a learning environment, under the guidance of senior engineers.
Part-time internships and full-time positions are available throughout the year. Part-time employment during the school year requires the ability to work approximately 20 hours per week.
The candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate civil engineering program from an ABET accredited school, preferably with a focus on structural engineering. The candidate should be hardworking and prepared to continue the tradition of perpetual learning.
The basic duties may include the following:
· Drafting of structural framing plans, sections, and details using AutoCad and Revit software.
· Prepare design calculations for projects using various material and building codes.
· Visit sites to assist in documenting and surveying existing framing conditions.
· Visit sites to observe and document the progress of on-going work.
· Research new materials and construction techniques.
· Filing and organizing of any office files, materials, and the technical library.
Some physical aspects of the job include visiting job sites to measure and document existing conditions. The candidate will have to be able to climb ladders and scaffolds as part of the field investigation procedures.
To apply for an internship, please:
· Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
About Cuono Engineering
Cuono Engineering is a structural engineering firm dedicated to the art and science of structural design and restoration. The firm consists of a dedicated staff of structural engineers with experience in the design and rehabilitation of both new and existing historic buildings. Our experiences are focused on structural engineering and varied in terms of building types and materials. Our commitment to delivering technical excellence to our clients is absolute. We have worked on new buildings, restorations of historic buildings, renovations of existing buildings, and specialty projects such as art installation support structures, specialized steel connection design and shoring. Our experiences have included design of prefabricated commercial projects and sustainable methods such as structural insulated panels and design work on LEED projects.